#DriscollsMoments Cooking Event


Hello Friends,

This past Friday I was pleased to participate in Driscoll’s “Sweeter Moments” cooking event and tasting party. The holiday season is one of the most wonderful times of year. It’s a festive time to indulge in delicious desserts without feeling guilty. And I admit, I do over indulge just a little during the holidays, but that's what New Year’s resolutions are for, right?

Holiday Berry Bellini


Driscoll’s is a leader in fresh and delicious berries, so for the “Sweeter Moments” cooking event all five sweet creations included raspberries. I typically don’t fix too many sweet treats with berries, so I used this as an opportunity to meet and tweet with fellow participants and try some new holiday recipes.

Homemade Raspberry Jam


Driscoll’s provided the recipes, which were fairly simple and straight forward. How easy? So easy, a caveman, or for that matter, Dezel could do it. And I did! I created three of the five recipes provided and another I thought of a day before the event. My own recipe, while odd sounding (a homemade raspberry jam, peanut butter, and bacon sandwich), worked out nicely. I know you've all heard the saying that bacon makes everything taste better!

Roasted Acorn Squash with Raspberry Sauce


The event also featured a live online cooking demonstration of the five holiday creations from renowned Chef Rick Rodgers. Chef Rodgers is known as America’s Thanksgiving Day expert and is author of Thanksgiving 101. Click here to watch the video. Chef Rodgers offers some very good turkey tips in this broadcast.

Holiday Warm Brie w/ Honeyed Raspberries and Pistachios


In closing, I would like to thank Driscoll’s and extend a special thanks to my friends over at Wine Twits (@WineTwits) for the invite. It was a *berry* good time and opened my eyes to simple holiday recipes that were both delicious and aesthetically pleasing.

Cheers!


Try these sweet treats out for yourself! Click here to check out the five #DriscollsMoments recipes.

Have a question about this post, friends? Feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail at myvinespot@yahoo.com, and as always, Happy Sipping! Stay tuned ...more to come.

Live, Love, Laugh, Tweet, Sip, Enjoy!

My Vine Spot

  • Please Click Here to vote Dezel's My Vine Spot as your favorite wine blog - You can vote 1x per day!
  • Friend me up on Face-Book here.

Happy Sipping Friends - Tell your friends about the blog and thanks for your support and kind emails !

Dezel's My Vine Spot © 2006-2011. All rights reserved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...